...let's talk about your home
Let’s make it the home of your dreams
Okay… I know… Too soon for that.
You have questions you want answered first. So let’s get to answering them!
From a fresh color palette to redesigning your existing interior,
I will make your home dreams a reality.
What if I live far away?
Not a problem. My E-Design services make it easy for you to work with me no matter how far away you live. We’ll connect through email, and I’ll work with you to make your home welcoming and comfortable so it works for the way you want to live.
What are the advantages of E-Design?
There are tons of advantages, but let’s just start with a few:
- It’s laid back and comfortable. There’s no need to schedule an appointment and cleaning is optional! How great is that? Once we’ve started talking via email, I’ll send you a list of things to help you get the most from our time together. You’ll know exactly what I need to complete your design, such as room dimensions and pictures, your inspiration pictures, those kinds of things.
- You’re in charge. You decide whether you use my exact suggestions or whether you use them as inspiration. Once I hand the plan over to you, it’s up to you. The space can come together at your pace and on your timeline. If you want to execute it overnight or take two years from start to finish, it’s completely up to you how fast or slow you’d like it to evolve.
- It’s affordable. If you’re thinking that working with a designer is expensive, you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Hiring a designer can actually save you money by helping you avoid costly mistakes. When you hire me, you’ll get a professional design plan that will enhance your home and save you time and money. I create the design, and you simply need to implement it in your own time as your budget allows!
- I’m available. If you want to face-time, we can always set up a Skype appointment. This let’s us talk face to face. You can ask questions or give me a tour of the space you want to work on. It’s a bit more personal than email.
Is E-Design right for my project?
It’s perfect if you want change the look of your home but are unsure of what direction to take. If you want guidance for selecting paint colors, coordinating fabrics, picking out art, arranging furniture, or getting the right lamps, it’s definitely the way to go. It’s also great for bigger more involved projects like updating your kitchen or bathroom. But even if you only want one design question answered, E-Design can be right for your project because sometimes all you need is a little expert guidance to get the job done.
Still have more questions? Check out the FAQs below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Today’s technology makes it possible to do so many things via the internet, including making it possible for me to design your home without stepping a foot through your door.
To do that, I’ll need information from you, so you’ll be involved in the process. But don’t worry, I’ll send you a Welcome Packet that walks you step by step through what I need from you to design and decorate your home.
We’re working together, one-on-one. The more info you send the better I’ll get to know you and your style preferences.
Magic and pixie dust, of course!
All kidding aside, I’ll need your help. Before your project starts, I’ll send you a Welcome Packet that includes a design questionnaire you’ll need to complete. The questionnaire will ask specific questions about your style which will allow me to get to know you better!
We’re working together on this, one-on-one, so I encourage you to share specific stores where you like to shop. I’ll also want you to send me Pinterest board links with inspiration photos you love. Something else I want to know is if there are any designs or things you absolutely hate. Anything that will help me a feel for your style.
It’s important that you submit a complete design questionnaire so that I can understand the best layout and vision for your space. You also have the opportunity to email me with any questions along the way.
Good question! The Welcome Packet includes a Design Questionnaire, instructions for measuring your room and taking photos, along with some other things I’ll need to start working on your room. It also outlines what you’ll be getting from me, along with an agreement for you to sign. It helps make sure we both know what to expect from each other.
Yes. In order to make sure you get a room you love, I really need all the information requested before I begin working on your room. I know it seems like I’m asking for a lot, but I promise it will be totally worth it.
Your E-Design will be personalized for the scope of your project, but most E-Design Plans include the following:
- A Welcome Packet with a Design Questionnaire, instructions for taking room measurements, pictures, and some other things I need from you to complete your design.
- A mood board showing my general concept for your room. You’ll get this before I get into the nitty-gritty of designing your room, so if you’re not keen on it, let me know so I can work up something else.
- A drawing of your space with the suggested items placed in the room to give you an idea of how it will all look once the room is completed.
- A scaled floor plan to show you how everything will fit in your space and where it will go.
- Pictures and a clickable shopping list with direct links to all specified items in the design so you can purchase the items yourself when you are ready. The shopping list will include Higher and Lower cost selections for most items so you can adjust your budget as necessary when you shop.
- Up to two revisions after the design plan is delivered.
Of course! Those family heirlooms, antiques or simply “must haves” really personalize your room. Just make sure to put it on the “must keep” section of the questionnaire, and include a picture and the measurements of each piece you want me to keep in your room.
Since I’ve never seen your space in person, I rely on the measurements you provide for your room when I look for furnishings for your room. If the measurements you sent are accurate, the furnishings I select should fit. I can’t be responsible for specifying something that doesn’t fit if the measurements you sent aren’t accurate.
Please, please, please be sure you measure your room accurately by following the instructions I sent for measuring your room in your Welcome Packet! I strongly recommend double-checking your measurements and contacting me if you need help.
Not to worry. I understand the areas of an open floor plan need to coordinate and mesh in order to love the whole space, so that’s completely doable. The cost will be a bit more because I’ll be designing two rooms instead of one, but we’ll work that out when we discuss the scope of your entire project.
Wow! I love doing that kind of design work. Unfortunately, that involves construction and would fall under the category of a renovation making it beyond the scope of an E-Design. However, if the construction part is already done, an E-Design may be the perfect option for your new space.
My fee for an E-Design plan is typically between $800 – $1,800 per room. I also offer lower prices for smaller projects. For example, if all you want is a color consultation, the cost would be significantly less.
Once we’ve agreed on the scope of your project, I’ll send you a Paypal invoice. Paypal will process your payment. All invoices must be paid in full before your project begins. If you want to make multiple payments instead of one lump sum, that can be arranged.
Oh, I hope that doesn’t happen. But if it does, please let me know within three (3) business days of paying your invoice. I’ll issue a refund less $150 to cover expenses and time I’ve already put into working on your room.
Depending on how big your project is, once you’re on my schedule, it typically takes 2-3 weeks for me to create your design. I will let you know right away if anything in the schedule needs to be changed.
You’ll get your Mood Board usually within the first week so you can let me know if I’m on the right track. After that, once I get your go-ahead, I may seem to disappear while I get into my “design mode.” Even though it seems I’ve disappeared, I will respond to your emails if you have any questions.
Email is my preferred method of communication, so that everything that’s said can be tracked and referred back to later. It is possible to schedule a phone call or Skype, but that is charged separately and isn’t included in the E-Design price.
Anytime you have a question! I am committed to making sure you have a great experience and want to make sure all of your questions are answered.
That will happen from time to time. Online availability can sometimes be unpredictable.
If it happens within three months from when I deliver your design plan, let me know, and I’ll try to find it somewhere else for you or find something similar that will work with your room without charging an additional fee for the service. After three months, I can still help, but I will charge an additional sourcing fee to do so.
Yes. I want you to love your room. I’m happy to make revisions twice within 60 days after I deliver your completed plan. But honestly, I think you’re going to love it the first time around because your plan will already include options.
That’s the beauty of an E-Design. It’s up to you what you do. You can start shopping right away, or you can do it as your budget and time allows.
Yes! Once I’ve done a design for you, I consider you a client for life. For a quick question, I may be able to pop of an answer. For more involved help, I’m available at an hourly rate. Either way, I want you to know you can always get help from me when you need it.
Slide to see the dramatic Before and After of this dining room I redesigned.
Your room’s transformation can be just as dramatic and look just as beautiful when you follow the E-Design plan I put together for you.
It all starts by contacting me and telling me which room you want to have redesigned.